Are you often stressed out and have worrying thoughts about the future? Do you feel insecure and unsupported? Do you always feel someone will go ahead of you in your professional life? Do you often compare your life to that of others? Do you feel everyone else is better off and luckier than you?
How do you stop this mind chatter ?
- Don’t compare. Know that everything is not as it seems from the outside. Everyone is going through some challenge or the other in life, the difference is how you react to it.
- You have two options feel like a victim and indulge in self pity or be a Victor and stand in your power, trust that Universe is always working for you not against you.
- Look for the lesson, opportunity or blessing in each situation.
- Don’t live in the past that does not define you. You can always create a new future at any point in your life. Each day, each moment provides you a fresh new start.
- Count your blessings and be grateful for all that you DO have.
- Its not about who won the game or who reached the top, its about HOW you enjoyed your Journey, how many lives did you touch positively, who’s faces did you bring a smile to, who did you speak kind words to without an agenda, who spoke kind words about you without an agenda or even when you were not around, how many people are happy to meet you or miss you when you are not around.
Tools and Techniques to quieten the mind
1. Chanting: To quiet the mind you can start chanting mantras eg. Tibetan chant “Namyoho Renge Kyo” is one which can stop your monkey mind running or you can chant a simple OM or SO-HUM
2. Meditation: Listen to mediation music or guided meditations to calm your mind
3. Exercise: any kind of physical exercise shifts your focus from the mind to the body, it also produces Endorphins which triggers positive feelings in your body, reduces stress, boosts your self esteem, and wards off depression.
4. Meditation & Yoga: can also help take your mind off negative chatter
5. Connect with Nature: Nature is a free source of de-stress and abundantly available to all.
6.Children: are a source of unconditional love, innocence and purity. Spending time with children can get your thinking mind to stop for the time you spend with them.
7.Hobbies: engaging or cultivating new interests and hobbies keeps your creative juices flow which can open your mind to new solutions which you had never thought of before cause you were too stressed and worried.
In the next article we will look at how to inculcate the habit of positive thinking.
Until then take care, stop worrying, the Universe has your back 🙂
Positive vibes coming your way,
For The Positive Media,
Anita Mulchandani is a Chartered Accountant & C.P.A (USA) who found her spiritual calling few years ago, she is now set to launch a Social Venture with a focus on empowerment and enrichment of non-mainstream sections of society.