The seven chakras are the base of our life on earth and there are numerous techniques for healing and energizing our chakras and of keeping them in balance. But did you know that what you eat can have a great impact on each of your chakras. Each chakra has a certain function in our life. Here is how these foods can help you enhance each area of your life:
- Base Chakra: This chakra is associated with red color and provides Protection, Security Physical energy, Vitality, and Grounding. The adrenal glands and the urinary and excretion systems, organs such as kidneys, lower intestines, bladder, our bones and blood are connected with this chakra, helping us let go of the negative or stressful energies and stay safe and protected. Add that radiant red to your plate with Red Kidney Beans, Beetroot, Radish, Red Peppers, Rhubarb, Strawberries, Raspberries, Cherries, Apples, Watermelons and Tomatoes. These contain nutrients such as Lycopenes that protect against diseases.
- Sacral Chakra: This chakra is represented by the color orange and supports the function of fertility, joy, pleasure, courage, romance and creativity. The reproductive glands and systems including our ovaries, testicles, prostrate, uterus and our skin and hair are linked with this chakra ruling over our beauty, sensuality and creative power. Get your dose of Oranges, Grapefruit, Carrot, Peach, Saffron, Nectarine, Mangoes, Papayas, Persimmons, Pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes and Squash. Beta-carotenes/ Vitamin A and E, Folates and Bioflavinoids in orange vegetables and foods can boost our beauty, fertlity and overall health tremendously.
- Solar Chakra: Symbolized by the color yellow this chakra deals with power, physical health, positive energy, confidence and happiness. Our immune system and digestive system including our stomach, liver and pancreas help us power our entire body and fight off infections. Add some zest with Yellow Lentils, Turmeric, Lemon, Lime, Corn, Yellow Peppers, Potatoes, Butternut, Bananas and Pineapples. Potassium, Vitamic C and Flavonoids are some of the nutrients in these foods that strengthen the body and improve our alkaline balance.
- Heart Chakra: Represented by the color green this chakra rules over love, prosperity, abundance and emotional well-being. Our respiratory and circulatory system including lungs, heart, blood vessels, thymus gland are all linked with this chakra. Give yourself a healthy boost with Spinach, Collard Greens, Kale, Lettuce, Broccoli, Ladyfingers, Romanesco, Peas, French Beans, Broad Beans, Avocado, Cucumber, Basil, Parsley, Coriander, Celery, Pears and Kiwis. Green foods contain Chlorophyll, Calcium and Zeaxanthins protect the heart, lower blood pressure, prevent blood clotting and help in healing of the body.
- Throat Chakra: Denoted by the color blue this chakra heals our self-expression through what we speak, learn, say, hear and present to the world whether through our words and communication. The thyroid gland and our voice box, tonsils, throat pipe and wind pipe all connect with this chakra. Give yourself this energy with pale green to white foods such as Rice, Guava, Cabbage, Garlic, Mushrooms, Asparagus, Cauliflower, Leeks, Parsnips, Parsley Root, Bottleguard, Brussels Sprouts and Onion. These foods contain Quercetin, Allium and Vitamins D which is great to reduce infections and prevent inflammations.
- Third-eye Chakra: Connected with indigo color this chakra deals with our psychic opening, inner focus and intuitive insight. Connected with the pituitary gland and the autonomic nervous system, our mental faculties. Enhance this with blueberries, dates, black currants, figs, blackberries, black lentils, juniper berries and elderberries. The anthocyanins, Vitamin K and antioxidants in these foods protect the body against damage and make you powerful and alert.
- Crown Chakra: The color violet connects with this chakra and its functions of spiritual peace and liberation. Our pineal gland and our brain, hypothalmus and neurological functions are controlled through this chakra. Add a generous dash of eggplant, purple grapes, purple cabbage, purple onion, purple carrots, purple sprouted broccoli, purple cauliflower, suede, mulberry, kohlrabi and turnip. Resveratrol in these foods is known to reduce tumors and provide miraculous benefits against cancerHope you enjoy eating the rainbow all the way to health, longevity and success everyday!